A reliable filtration system is a vital part of your cooling system and assures a clean hydronic system. Dirty utility water fouls heat exchangers and changes their approach temperature, performance and reduced system energy efficiency. Left untreated poor quality plant water can result in frequent and costly repairs. SPIREX™ Separators extends the life of your cooling and heating equipment and the entire water infrastructure, and requires less chemical treatment to maintain the system.
SEQUENCE OF OPERATION
Fluid flows into the inlet pipe and into the bell-cone. the engineered tangential entry and sloped inlet guide steers the fluid into the SPIREX™ body where it spins inside the vessel.
As fluid contacts the blades, it is guided in a continuous spiral motion to the bottom of the vessel. Liquid is prevented from flowing down the center of the SPIREX™ Separator. The spinning action causes particles to move to the outer walls.
The spacing between guides and walls allow larger particles to easily move down the wall. The design causes particulate to experience in excess of 5Gs or force.
Particulate travels down below the bell cone where it slows down and settles out of solution. An automatic or manually operated Purge Valve removes the settled particles.
The slower, and now cleaner fluid travels to the exit above the baffle dome. Here the fluid meets SPIREX™ Straightening Vanes that stop the spiraling action and produces a straight flow into the piping system resulting in less friction and pressure drop.
WATER QUALITY SOLUTIONS
The SPIREX™ Centrifugal Separator is a patent-pending device, intelligently designed using tools as Computational Fluid Dynamics, (CFD) to model and optimize velocities for proper separation and pressure-drop. Our innovative design assures maximum performance and system efficiency. Durable industrial construction makes the SPIREX™ Centrifugal Separator a key component in your infrastructure strategy.
WHY SPIREX™ IS SUPERIOR
The SPIREX™ Patent-Pending design features key advantages for your water infrastructure.
• The sloped inlet guide steers fluid tangentially around a bell-shaped cone to maximize separation while optimizing pressure drop.
• Secondly, and an industry first, the CFD engineered system flows fluid around the vessel THREE times more than non-optimized designs. The separation efficiency of the SPIREX™ Separator is perhaps the highest in the industry.
• The design and flow through the bell cone, combined with Flow Straightening Vanes produce an optimized flow pattern into the piping system.
APPLICATIONS WE MEET
• Open-Loop Tower Systems
• Spray-Water Systems
• Pre-Filtration Systems
• Mechanical-Seal Support Systems
• Nozzle Applications
• Quench-Tank Recirculation
• River and Lake Water Systems
• Utility Water Cooling Loops
INDUSTRIES WE SERVE
• Industrial and Commercial
• Process Cooling Systems
• Chemical Processing
• Ethanol Plants
• Food Processing
• Primary Metals
• Municipals Water Service
• Wash Systems
• Oil and Gas
• Mining Operations
• Pulp and Paper Mills
• Utility Power Plants
FLUID COOLING SYSTEMS, LLC
6100 Birch Drive • Flint, MI 48507